Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Not Happy

If you don't want to read a rant, I suggest you look away now, as this post is pure vitriol!

As you're probably aware, I'm currently temping as a Ticket Office Clerk as needed, and have spent most of the past year working at one particular TOC.

This notwithstanding, my Agency can still ask me to go elsewhere if needed. Given that their idea of "fun" is to try and get me to go right over the other side of town for stupid o'clock in the morning, sometimes even when I'm due to be doing a shift with my usual TOC, I generally say No.

Last week, however, they offered me 8 hours "babysitting" a couple of staff for their first shift on a new Ticket Issuing System (TIS). This was to be at a pair of stations that were adjacent on the map, from around 6:30am to 2pm, or something like that. I have to admit that my acceptance of this rôle was mostly because they were effectively offering me time and a third to do it, but still...

As such, when the Roster Clerk for my usual TOC rang me the following day to check my availability, I said that I was unavailable one day this week at my Agency's request, but was available the rest of the week.

Yesterday afternoon (Tuesday), I got a phone call from the Agency to confirm times for the shift in question. There were two major changes to the original plan:
  1. It was no longer the originally proposed pair of stations, but two in completely different parts of town.
  2. Instead of being 6:30am to 2pm, it was now 6:30am to 8:30pm or thereabouts.


Obviously, having already agreed to do it, I could hardly refuse, but I'm not exactly happy given that I won't get home from work 'til at least 10:45pm tonight, then need to leave again at 5am on Thursday for the first part of the shift, and won't be back home again 'til around 10:30pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home